Friday, January 17, 2014

Books for a Little Girl

She is always pulling books off the shelf and looking through them.
I can leave her in the crib with a stack of books and she will be content for ages reading to her dollies.


Her favorite books are the Eric Carle books.
Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?
Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?
Her other favorite is a recently acquired copy of Corduroy, the lovable bear with the missing button. She does not sit still for me to read the story. She staggers up to under the weight of the giant board book, ready to turn the pages and babble out a tale on my lap.
I wish I knew the story she has so imaginatively created.

This is some of the books our family received for Christmas.
And with a gift card I bought the If You Give a Mouse a Cookie bookset from Costco, along with a copy of The Wizard of Oz. When I went to pay for it Saoirse was busy turning the pages, babbling away, much to the delight of the older folks in line behind us. The saga of voracious readers and library aficionados continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Were these words wonderful to you?