Saturday, March 22, 2014

Paradoxes of Happiness

Accept myself, and expect more of myself.
Give myself limits to give myself freedom.
Make people happier by acknowledging that they're not feeling happy.
Plan ahead to be spontaneous; only with careful preparation do I feel carefree.
Accomplish more by working less.
Happiness doesn't always make me feel happy.
Flawed can be more perfect than perfection.
It's very hard to make things easier.
My material desires have a spiritual aspect.
Hell is other people. Heaven is other people.

~Gretchen Rubin, Happier at Home

Happier at Home is Gretchen's follow-up to The Happiness Project, which I am hoping to read next month. I really enjoyed Happier at Home, it seemed to balance out some of the materials I have been reading on home management and the like. And I can always use balance in that area. 


Visit Rubin's website The Happiness Project

No comments:

Post a Comment

Were these words wonderful to you?