Friday, May 9, 2014

Potty Training

There is so much that has been said
Of little boys who wet the bed.
The woes of others gone before,
From these nightmares I wake in horror.
Swimming in a smelly sea
Of soaking sheets and salty pee.
Then there is the public fail,
The pants that leave a yellow trail,
Red-faced I'll dash
And he will laugh!
Then looking up there will be faces,
Compassionate with smiling traces.
The stories told by other mothers
Are not of woe, just humorous!
What once embarrassed
Now is cherished.
So as I face the weeks ahead
There may be times that I will dread
To bring my son outside the house
Unless cologne is heavy-doused!
But he will learn
And I will live
To tell the tale triumphant!

~Caitlin Mallery


Originally published July 10, 2013
We are still working on this potty training business, and I can't wait for the day I am done with diapers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Were these words wonderful to you?