Friday, January 16, 2015

Be It Ever So Humble

Jet lag is not the friend of the scheduled family. But since we only have two hours to reconfigure, I am sure it will not take long to be back to a normal breakfast time. #uptooearly #headinghome

In the last two and a half months the children and I have traveled over 6000 miles, been in three major cities, visited historic sites, modern attractions, and natures beauteous offerings. Our many vehicles started with trains and ended with planes. In between we rode in taxis, on buses, and let's not forget the tow truck segment of our journey. We have been on Army forts, Naval stations, and seen Air Force bases.

I have dealt with all kinds of tedious adult tasks: paying TWO rents, buying and selling a van, insuring and licensing said van, having the van in and out of the mechanics shop, phone/medical/electric bills, GPS systems, etc. I baked bread, made oatmeal, and cooked a Thanksgiving dinner in crockpots. I spent a holiday season away from my parents and my in-laws.

Someone asked me if I feel like an experienced traveler now.

I don't.

I do feel less naïve, more confident, and have a greater faith in God.

At so many points on this adventure (in particular with the van) I was internally begging God to get me through some unforeseen crisis. Completely unfamiliar with my surroundings, I was praying for His grace to see me to the end. I can say that He always gave me the tools I needed: the GPS lady on my phone guiding me through frenzied roads and traffic, Roman's uncle working for a mechanic and helping with all my car distresses, sympathetic strangers carrying bags up/down escalators for the crazy lady with three kids in tow, sunshine and rain.

The past two months have been the most insane and courageous adventure of my life.
For this moment I am glad to be home.

To all of you who prayed for me, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Were these words wonderful to you?