Wednesday, December 24, 2014

My Sleeping Darlings

I have a certain fascination with taking photos my children while they sleep. And I love to watch them sleep. I know that it has something to do with them being still and quiet, and experience seldom had while they are awake. It also provides me with a chance to pray for them, to remember all the beautiful things about being a mother to these three little ones. It is a beautiful show of trust. They have no fears, no worries, no cares that keep them from sleep.
Saoirse is a cuddler, she loves to be stroked and scratched, like a little kitten.


Carsten is my first child to sleep better with me holding him. Honestly, that was super comforting to me when Roman is gone. I would hold him until he fell asleep on me than lay him in his cradle.

Ethan talks in his sleep. When I have a chance to overhear him, it sounds like he has very exciting dreams, about fires, boats, and friends.

Sleep my child and peace attend thee, all through the night

Guardian angels God will send thee, all through the night.

Soft the drowsy hours are creeping,
Hill and dale in slumber sleeping,







I my loved ones watch are keeping,
all through the night.
 
Merry Christmas my dears!
In the morning you will wake to lots of sweets
and gifts from those who love you.
Right now you are in deepest sleep
and you don't know how much I see
you are God's sweetest gifts to me.
Love, Mommy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Were these words wonderful to you?