Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Who Are You?

Do you ever notice how certain people in your life seem just like a character in some book or movie?
Like the author or director must have known this person, because it is so accurate. Have they met them?

Happens to me all the time.

I am pretty sure I have met a few characters from Anne, a Cinderella, a Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head, Mr. Fezziwig, and a few other less well known characters in the course of my life.

The other day I found my fictional persona. It is not as flattering as I otherwise would have wished, and similarity had Roman struggling not to smile.

It's Rabbit.

It was going to be one of Rabbit's busy days. As soon as he woke up he felt important, as if everything depended upon him. It was just the sort of day for Organizing Something, of for Writing a Notice Signed Rabbit, or for Seeing What Everybody Else Thought About It.
It was a Captainish sort of day, when everybody said, "Yes, Rabbit" and "No, Rabbit," and waited until he had told them.
The House At Pooh Corner, A.A. Milne

And if I am Rabbit, my children are definitely Tigger. Incidentally, Ethan and Saoirse regularly pray the Tigger will not bounce and mess up Rabbit's garden. Why? I have no idea!

I may be a bit prone to "Captainish" attitudes, but on the bright side I can be depended on, just like Rabbit. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Were these words wonderful to you?