Tuesday, May 21, 2013

From My Reading List

I am always trying to read something, and the list of books I want to read is constantly growing. I have a stack on my nightstand that includes C.S. Lewis's Til We Have Faces, Victor Hugo's Les Miserables, a couple of parenting books, and a few Christian living books. Some of these books are borrowed, some were gifts, and then there is the one I got from the library last week that I hope to finish while I am on vacation (we will see how that goes).

Anyway, one of the books I am reading is One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. Here are a few thoughts that I have marked from her book.

The holy grail of joy is not in some exotic location or some emotional mountain peak experience. The joy wonder could be here! Here, in the messy, piercing ache of now, joy might be - unbelievably- possible! The only place we need see before we die is this place of seeing God, here and now.

We only enter into the full life if our faith gives thanks.

How does it save the world to reject unabashed joy when it is joy that saves us?

If you care to read more from Ann visit: A Holy Experience

No comments:

Post a Comment

Were these words wonderful to you?