Wednesday, September 11, 2013

To Remember...

 
I think every generation will have a date firmly engraved into its memory.
A date that marks a dramatic shift in the functioning of society.
Over the 20th century and in the United States we mark dates such as:
October 29, 1929
December 7, 1941
June 6, 1944
August 6 and 9, 1945
November 22, 1963
November 9, 1989
 
I am sure my parents and grandparents could name the events which make these dates so significant.
They could also share a great deal of how their own lives were or were not affected by those events.
For this generation (the Millennial Generation) this date marks how our world today has been shaped.
September 11, 2001
9-11
 
This date moved 12 year old me with my family from California to Montana.
This date inspired my 17 year old future husband to pursue a career as a firefighter.
This date has changed the face of the modern world in large and small ways.
This date will be one I want my children to hear about.
They will know about the workings of God on this date and they will praise Him for how He has shown himself faithful.
 
This date
Remember.
 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post Caitlin. Don't forget May 8th, 1945. Germany surrenders! V E day!

    ReplyDelete

Were these words wonderful to you?