Thursday, July 25, 2013

Reading to my Children

No book is really worth reading at the age of 10 which is not equally worth reading at the age of 50. ~C.S.Lewis

I want my children to read, a lot. So I try to read to them on a daily basis. It has had the desired effect so far, they both love to look at books. Saoirse is just starting to turn pages, so very reading actually gets done, but she is learning to handle books. She likes the books that are as big as she is:
These books have beautiful illustrations with a variety of stories and poems from all cultures.

I loved looking through them when I was little and now Saoirse does too.

This is the only one I have, but someday I hope to have the rest.

Go to Amazon to find more of this great collection.

Currently the two books below are Ethan's favorite books.
The inscription in the front of my copy reads:
Dear Caitlin, Happy 5th Birthday! Love, Aunt Andrea
in her lovely script. 
Some books are worth holding onto.

Ethan loves this collection of train stories (and I like it better than Thomas the Train.)


What books do you read to your children?


Simple Mom: Twaddle-free books for preschoolers

Sidenote: Check out this gorgeous video


No comments:

Post a Comment

Were these words wonderful to you?